The below blog post is from Cece Salomon-Lee, Director of Product Marketing, Lanyon.
With Spring in the air, we wanted to highlight some product releases we’ve completed in Q1 2014 to get your meetings and events going. These product enhancements are part of our vision for the SMART EVENTS™ Cloud from Lanyon, which brings event marketing and strategic meetings management together into a single platform.
Making SMM Easier for Planners
Planners will be able to more efficiently plan, review meeting budgets and manage their meetings and events with our leading strategic meetings management solution – StarCite®. This includes:
Small Meetings 2.5 – Your SMM Starter Kit
- Introducing Small Meetings 2.5 – Your SMM Starter Kit: Small Meetings 2.5 is an easy-to-use tool, the perfect entry point for beginning a strategic meetings management program (SMMP). Create, source, and manage attendees for any simple meeting, while gaining full visibility into all your meetings from a single solution – the SMART EVENTS Cloud.
- StarCite Spend Management:
- Auto-flow Contracted RFP Data into Budget Module: Administrator-level users can set up how contracted RFP data – plus updates to contracted RFPs – will automatically be reflected in the budget module, saving users time.
- Packaged Pricing for RFPs: If a supplier is providing packaged pricing, such as Daily Delegate Rate (DDR) and Complete Meeting Package (CMP), the packaged pricing will now be shown in the RFP response. This enables users to more easily compare RFP responses with packaged or a la carte pricing.
- StarCite Meeting Locator: Users now have the ability to leverage their own air and sleeping room cost data to optimize the best meeting location for their meetings. This provides customers a more accurate location based on their own actual costs and negotiated rates!
Increase Audience Engagement Onsite and via Mobile
Event marketers are consistently seeking ways to increase audience engagement onsite and via mobile. Conference, event management solution designed for large, complex conferences, introduces new mobile features that will help drive this engagement:
Conference – What's Next (left) and Microblog (right) features
- Microblog – a new Microblog feature lets users post comments and reply to previously posted comments. If desired, the event marketer can create a Bad Words list, use a report to hide inappropriate comments or keep all comments private to the event. Perfect for those events wanting to add “Twitter-like” functionality for private events.
- “What’s Next” feature – displays a list of upcoming sessions that will begin in the next two hours, as well as sessions that started within the last 15 minutes. Participants can now focus on attending the sessions they want versus trying to figure out what’s happening onsite.
- Mobile Session Access Control (SAC) – while this feature was released at the end of last year, we didn’t have a chance to highlight it during the holidays. With Mobile SAC, session room staff can use hand-held mobile devices to control attendee access to sessions. The Mobile SAC solution uses a Samsung Galaxy Notebook II device configured to scan QR codes, 1D bar code, or NFC encoded badges, freeing your staff from plugged in hardware!
Share your ideas and thoughts on features below in the comments.