It’s the end of the year and the perfect time to take a moment to reflect on all that’s passed in our industry. 2013 was a big year for both the meetings and events industry and for us here at ACTIVE Network. We wrote up our thoughts on our corporate blog and wanted to share these three event tech industry trends we saw:
- Meetings and Events continued to stage a comeback from the recession, with approximately 9% of the average company’s entire budget now spent on Meetings and Events1;
- The need for visibility into this spend is driving the adoption of Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) by more organizations around the world2;
- More companies are incorporating social media into their event-management strategies ─ not only for marketing purposes, but also to enrich attendees’ experiences and extend the life of their events.
In addition to these key trends, our company also experienced some significant product highlights and awards, such as:
- We announced the SMART EVENTS™ Cloud ─ the industry’s first and only solution that integrates SMM and event marketing technologies to bring “Big Data” to the meetings and events industry;
- We introduced a new ACTIVE RegOnline™, a completely redesigned, intuitive event-management solution that makes it easy to manage and promote small- to mid-sized events. The integrated sourcing tool allows planners to send eRFPs to hundreds of thousands of hotels and venues around the world;
- JR Sherman, Senior Vice President and Senior General Manager, was named one of Business Travel News’ “Top 25 Most Influential Executives.”
Check out an in-depth review of the year here in an ACTIVE Network blog post. We thank you for your support this year, and wish you a safe and happy Holiday Season.
1. “Managing the Evolution: Meetings Management for the SMB Organization,” Aberdeen Group, Nov. 2012
2. Global Business Travel Association report, “The State of Strategic Meetings Management 2013”