Packing for a week in Vancouver — Canada’s third-most rainy city — has proven to be a challenge for us Texans, who are used to a warm and (very) dry climate. We drew up a list for all of our fellow attendees who are playing the weather-guessing game, too.
- Expect the unexpected — pack an umbrella for random rain! Like we said, Vancouver is a rainy city (much like its Pacific Northwest pal, Seattle). Winter in Vancouver calls for lots of layers, and definitely an umbrella.
- Head indoors. Check out the city’s wealth of museums and indoor attractions, like the Aquarium at Stanley Park.
- Embrace the cold! Robson Square has an outdoor ice skating rink that’s free! Or take a 90-minute drive north to Whistler and ski the slopes for a day.
- Get your heart rate up. The city of Vancouver is famous for having hundreds of miles of bicycle paths. Check out this list of their ten best trails.
- Go to ESPA or PCMA. Because that’s the reason you’re traveling to Vancouver, right? We’ll see you there!
If you’re going to PCMA, sign up for a Tech Tour
, behind-the-scenes look at our Smart Events Cloud®
solution, the event management software powering PCMA Convening Leaders 2016!
And if you’re going to ESPA, schedule a 1:1 meeting
with a Lanyon tech consultant to learn more about our Smart Hotel Cloud™